Over the past week, Blizzard has been teasing new content for Hearthstone and today they have finally revealed a new expansion titled Rise of Shadows where the tables have turned and a new coalition of villains has risen to power. In this expansion, Hearthstone players get to be the bad guys starting 9 April and will be embarking on a first-ever yearlong storyline with new mechanics & 135 new cards.
After suffering defeat at the hands of the League of Explorers, Arch-Thief Rafaam realized that his designs on Azeroth would require more roguery than he alone could muster. In the years since, he has dwelled in the shadows, recruiting the greatest antagonists Hearthstone has ever seen to join the League of E.V.I.L. A supergroup of villains from previous Hearthstone sets, including King Togwaggle, Madam Lazul, the irrepressible Dr. Boom, and Hagatha the Witch.
Players looking to join the League of E.V.I.L. should watch their backs, as they’ll likely be targeted by a mysterious crime-fighting group known as the Defenders of Dalaran. These formidable guardians are rumored to wield Twinspells—potent magic Spells that, once cast, generate a copy of themselves that can be cast again on a later turn. More intel on the Defenders of Dalaran will be shared with operatives at a later date.
The Rise of Shadows expansion is available to PC and mobile gamers on 9 April, and starting today up until 9 April you can pre-purchase the expansion card packs:
- The 50-pack pre-purchase bundle includes a random Legendary and the Jewel of Lazul card back for $49.99
- The 80-pack Mega Bundle includes a random golden Legendary and Jewel of Lazul card back, as well as a new playable Priest Hero—the mysterious Madam Lazul at $79.99.
Latest posts by GameNationSA (see all)
- Games & Politics Train Jam – Call for Applications - April 18, 2019
- New Expansion, Rise of Shadows is coming to Hearthstone on 9 April - March 14, 2019
- LEGO Marvel Collection, the three-in-one bundle launches today - March 12, 2019