LAST UPDATED: 15 April 2017
GameNation South Africa reserves the right to change or modify these Terms, or any policy or guideline of the Services, at any time and in our sole discretion. If we make changes or modifications to these Terms, we will provide you with notice of such changes, such as by sending an email, providing notice through the Services or updating the “Last Updated” date at the top of these Terms. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of changes or modifications will confirm your acceptance of such changes or modifications. Therefore, you should frequently review the Terms and applicable policies to understand the terms and conditions that apply to your use of the Services. If you do not agree to the amended terms, you must stop using the Services.
2. Registration and Account
In order to access certain areas and features of some of our Services, you will need to register for an account.
You agree to :
- provide accurate, truthful, current and complete information when creating an account;
- maintain and promptly update your account information;
- maintain the security of your account by not sharing your password with others and restricting access to your account & your computer or mobile device;
- take responsibility for all activities that occur under your account and accept all risks of unauthorized access.
3. Third Party Content
GameNation South Africa may provide third party content on the website and may provide links to web pages and content of third parties (collectively the “Third Party Content“) as a service to those interested in this information. GameNation South Africa does not control, endorse or adopt any Third Party Content and makes no representation or warranties of any kind regarding the Third Party Content, including without limitation regarding its accuracy or completeness.
You acknowledge and agree that GameNation South Africa is not responsible or liable in any manner for any Third Party Content and undertakes no responsibility to update or review any Third Party Content. Users use such Third Party Content at their own risk.
4. Third-Party Advertisements and Promotions
GameNation South Africa may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Services or may otherwise provide information about or links to third-party products or services on the Services. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, such third parties, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions are solely between you and such third party.
GameNation South Africa is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of such dealings or promotions or as the result of the presence of non-GameNation South Africa advertisements or other third party information on the website.
5. User Content and Conduct
The website may include interactive areas where you or other users can create, post or store content, messages, materials, data, information, or materials on the website (“User Content“). You are solely responsible for your use of such interactive areas and agree that you use them at your own risk. You further agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through the website any of the following:
- User Content that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- User Content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- Unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations;
- Private information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers; and
- Viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files;
GameNation South Africa takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content posted, stored or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage thereto, or for any user conduct, nor is GameNation South Africa liable for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter. Although GameNation South Africa has no obligation to screen, edit or monitor User Content we reserves the right, and has absolute discretion, to remove, screen or edit any User Content posted or stored at any time, for any reason and without notice, and you are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any User Content you post or store on the website at your sole cost and expense.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless GameNation South Africa, our directors, sponsors, journalists and agents from and against any claims, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or related to
- your use of the website;
- any User Content you provide;
- your violation of these Terms;
- your violation of any rights of another; or
- your conduct in connection with the website.
7.1 Apart from the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, neither GameNation South Africa nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this website or the services or content provided from and through this website.
7.2 Furthermore, GameNation South Africa makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this website are free from errors or omissions.
Users are encouraged to report any possible malfunctions and errors to GameNation South Africa by emailing email@example.com
8. Modifications to the Website
GameNation South Africa reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the website, or any features or portions thereof, without prior notice.
You agree that GameNation South Africa will not be liable for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Website, or any part thereof.
Should you have any questions or would like some help please use the details below.